Northport Middle School
Mrs. Fiorito, School Nurse, 262-6755
ALL MEDICATIONS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE SCHOOL NURSE.
2020-2021 Immunization Requirements
MEDICATION --- New York State Law requires that:
- New medication forms for both prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications must be signed by the provider and parent annually.
- Orders are good for the entire school year.
- The parent must sign the medication permission form.
- Medication must remain in the properly labeled pharmacy or original OTC container.
- Parents or guardians must personally deliver and pick up all medication at the school health office (unless a self-carry order form is signed by parent and physician).
- If your child’s provider has determined that your child may self-carry and self-administer their medication, please have your healthcare provider complete the appropriate medication form which requires provider consent. Parent signature is also required. ***This option is for Middle and High School students only. ***
- It would be appreciated if all medication and forms be brought in the day before school starts, especially for daily meds.
Just a reminder-
Any student who had a medical excuse from gym due to an injury, must submit a Doctor's note to clear the student. This will allow the student to participate in gym or sports during the upcoming year. The Doctor can fax the clearance to 262-6601 or the clearance can be brought into the Nurse's office. If you have any questions, feel free to call the nurse, Denise Fiorito, at (631) 262-6755.
If your child is not feeling well-
Please check your child's temperature if they are not feeling well. The CDC and the New York State Department of Health recommend that students and staff remain out of school for at least 24 hours after having a fever. Also note that students should be fever-free for 24hrs WITHOUT the use of fever- reducing medication such as Tylenol and Motrin. The teachers and staff here at NMS are working together to remind the students to wash their hands and to cover coughs and sneezes. Please report any diagnosed illnesses to me. Thank you for your cooperation in our attempt to keep our school a healthy, learning environment.
If you have any questions please call me at 262-6755.
Denise Fiorito, R.N.