Board of Education Goals
The 2023-24 Board of Education Goals are:
- Recruit a Superintendent of Schools, consistent with the school-community profile, and support conditions for a successful entry plan.
- Advance a long-range financial plan which includes:
a. Chartering a Board Financial Planning Committee for the purpose of developing a 3 to 5-year financial plan that factors in the end of the LIPA Glidepath and potential sale/Lease of district property.
b. Engaging in a contract analysis of member units for the purpose of advancing possible modifications to existing contracts
c. Implementing a plan for the sale/lease of district property for community input and potential referendum.
- Develop and approve a responsible educational plan and budget consistent with the district mission.
- Task the Board Policy Committee to propose recommendations for Policy review with Board input for the 23-24 school year.
- Support the administration in the development of district goals that utilize a data driven approach