Student Support Services
Welcome to the Northport-East Northport School District!
Enrollment Forms are available at the bottom of the page
Kindergarten Registration - Click the image below
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
Welcome to the Northport-East Northport School District.
Please call student registration at 262-6660 to make an appointment.
ALL REGISTRATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
We are pleased to welcome you to the Northport – East Northport Union Free School District. In order to safeguard the health of your child/children, to place your child/children in the most appropriate program, and to conform with New York State law and District Policy, we will need certain information and records.
These items must be approved by Central Registration in order for your child/children to attend the School District.
* According to NY State Law, In order to register your child/children in the School District, you must be physically domiciled at your address within the School District’s geographic boundaries*
Please be advised: that in order for your child/children to attend the Northport – East Northport Union Free School District (“School District”), you must be a resident of the School District. Section 210.45 of the Penal Law of the State of New York prohibits the making of a false written statement. Therefore, your statements contained in your registration application must be true and accurate.
*If the School District determines at any time that you are not a resident of the School District, your child/children will be excluded from the School District. Further, you will be liable to the School District for payment of tuition from their date of enrollment through their date of exclusion, as well as the costs of collection.
Proof of Residency is Required –
This is not an exhaustive list of proof that you may provide to prove your residency in the District.
Section A - One of the following:
- Copy of residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district.
- Such other statement by a third-party establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district
- Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district. For instance: current property tax bill, current homeowner's/rental insurance policy statement, see also list from section B
Section B - Two of the following:
- Pay stub
- Income tax form(s)
- Utility bill or other bills (e.g., PSEGLI, Cable, National Grid, etc.)
- Membership documents that are based upon residency (e.g., library cards)
- Voter registration documents
- Official Driver's Licence, learner's permit or non-driver identification
- Documents issued by Federal, State or local agencies ( e.g., local social services agency, Federal office or refugee resettlement)
- Evidence of custody of the child/children including, but not limited to: judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
- Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district
PROOF OF PARENTAL RELATIONSHIPS
Parent(s)/Guardian(s) shall provide proper proof of parental relationship.
The School District may require the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation to provide the School District with an affidavit either: (1) indicating that they are the parent(s) with whom the child/children lawfully resides; or (2) indicating that they are the person(s) in parental relation to the child/children, over whom they have a total and permanent custody and control, and describing how they obtained total and permanent custody and control, whether through guardianship or otherwise. The School District may also accept other proof, such as documentation indicating that the child/children resides with a sponsor with whom the child/children has been placed by a federal agency.
DOCUMENTATION OF AGE
- In order to determine, for instance, the programming needs of your child/children, you will need to provide proof of age by providing one of the following:
- An original or certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including an original or certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth; or
- passport (including foreign passport) giving the date of birth
- Where the above are not available, the School District may consider certain other documents/records in existence two years or more to determine age. One or more of these documents may be necessary. The documents are the following:
- official driver’s license
- state or other government issued identification
- school photo identification with date of birth
- consulate identification card
- hospital or health records
- military dependent identification card
- documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- court orders or other court-issued documents
- Native American trial document
- records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
- Note: The School District may need to verify these documents/record
PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION
Students will be registered when all immunizations are completed. One of the following proofs may be submitted and a copy attached to the immunization form:
- Certificate of Immunization signed by a New York State licensed physician
- Certificate of Immunization signed by a representative of an official health clinic
- District Physical Examination Form signed and dated by a licensed NY State Physician
If you plan to enroll your child at any in or out of district private or parochial school and would like to request bus transportation from the Northport-East Northport School District, please complete and submit a request for transportation form as follows:
Requests for Transportation to NON-PUBLIC SCHOOLS (click link below for application).
Current Residents - must submit request by April 1, 2017 for the following school year.
New Residents - must submit request within 30 days of moving into the District.
Requests for Transportation to CHILDCARE PROVIDERS (click link below for application).
All requests for transportation to childcare providers must be submitted by April 1, 2017.
Please return all completed transportation forms to:
Office of Transportation
PO BOX 210
Northport, NY 11768
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call 262-6865 for any transportation questions.