Non-Public School Transportation Information
Requests for Transportation to Non-Public Schools can be submitted using THIS FORM.
Please note that the deadline to request transportation to a private or parochial school is typically April 1 of the year your child plans to attend the school, i.e. if your child plans to attend private school beginning September 2023, the deadline for transportation requests would be April 1, 2023.
- Parents are advised to file even if admission to the non-public school is still in question. Any requests received after April 1st may not be granted if they are an additional cost to the District.
- To qualify for transportation, the school must be no further than 15 miles from the student’s home. In-district private schools follow the same distance guidelines as in-district public schools.
- You must complete a separate form for every school you are considering.
- Parents are responsible for getting their children to and from stops safely.
- A formal application must be submitted annually.
- Confirmation of transportation requests will be sent via e-mail.
- All students attending non-public schools must be registered in the Northport-East Northport School District to receive Transportation.
Bus route information for the public and non-public schools can be found on the District's Parent Portal. Instructions on how to access this can be found in the ParentPortal link here.