Universal Pre-Kindergarten 2020-2021
UPDATE: The lottery is now closed. Families will be contacted if they have a seat for the 2020-21 UPK program.
Registration/lottery form is available. You ONLY have to fill out the application using this link:: https://forms.gle/gt7CdkM5EDho9wTt7
No other paperwork is necessary at this time.
This form must be submitted on-line by no later than 12pm on April 15, 2020. A lottery system will be used to select the students. Those who are selected will be notified by mail by May 1, 2020.
As part of the Universal Pre-Kindergarten program, New York State (pending approval), will provide funding for the placement of approximately 21 four-year-old children into district-selected participating agencies/pre-school programs. Children must be born in the year 2016 and reside in the Northport-East Northport School District.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED:
Parents must agree to send their child 5 days per week for a 2 ½ hour per day program, verify their residence, and have their child undergo a physical and dental examination by their pediatrician. A full immunization record must be submitted. There is no cost to the family, however transportation is not provided. Parents will have the opportunity to select a UPK provider from a list of participating schools when submitting all registration paperwork.
The following information is ONLY for those families who are selected and notified by the district:
If your child has been selected, we will contact you by phone and ask you to complete the necessary paperwork. This will include the following:
1. Completed Registration Packet. Registration packet is available at the bottom of the page.
2. Proof of Residency – please bring three documents:
• One of the following: original property deed, current tax bill, mortgage statement, rental lease or completed rental affidavit (both signatures must be notarized)
• Two of the following: utility bills and/or payroll documents with your name and address.
3. Child’s Proof of Birth – ORIGINAL birth certificate, ORIGINAL baptismal certificate, PASSPORT or other form of identification of birthdate. Parent/guardian photo ID or other acceptable identification must be presented at time of registration to establish your identity.
4. Proof of Immunization – please bring a copy of your child’s immunization history. Immunization and Student Physical forms are located at the bottom of the page.
5. Valid NYS Driver’s License for parent/guardian.
For further information, you may email the Office of Teaching and Learning:
Universal Pre-Kindergarten Forms