East Northport Middle School
Friday, January 24, 2020
Please be aware of the following calendar changes.
1. PTSA Meeting: Tuesday, 1/28/20 now at 7 pm. (changed from 9:30am)
2. ENMS NJHS Induction: Thursday, 4/2/20 at 7 pm. (changed from 4/1 due to a NYSSMA scheduling conflict)
As always, our school website and daily announcements are great ways to keep updated with school information. If you have questions, please contact the main office at 631-262-6770.
Computer Club Cancellation
Computer Club is cancelled today because Mr. Colfer can’t stay after school. See Mr. Colfer if you have questions.
Snacks may be permitted in classes based on teacher discretion. If classroom snacks are permitted, we ask that the snacks be healthy. Additionally, only water is allowed as a drink in classrooms. Due to concerns regarding allergies, we ask that students DO NOT eat snacks containing tree nuts or peanuts in classrooms or hallways.
NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY
The window for new 7th or 8th grade candidates for the National Junior Honor Society is now open. Candidate Information Forms are now available on line. Visit the ENMS homepage and follow the National Junior Honor Society link. https://sites.google.com/northport.k12.ny.us/enmsnjhs/home If there are any questions, STUDENTS should see Ms. Hehir (room B-112), or Ms. Lange (room B-114). Candidates must hand completed Candidate Information forms directly to Ms. Hehir OR Ms. Lange on or before 3:15 PM on Friday, February 14, 2020. No Candidate Information Form will be accepted beyond this deadline. Please note that current members do not need to re-apply.
8TH GRADE PEER MEDIATORS AND BUDDY MENTORS
There has been a room change for our brief meetings on Friday, January 24th. We will be meeting at the beginning of your lunch period in Mrs. Karkota's office, not Room 111. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Karkota. Thank you.
COMMUNITY SERVICE CLUB
Community Service Club will be meeting on Monday after school in Room 206. We will be making Valentines Cards for our military. All are welcome.
ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION TEAM
The Environmental Action Team is hosting a fundraiser to raise money to support the environment and animals affected by the Australian wildfires. Representatives from EAT will be outside the cafeterias during lunch periods Friday Jan. 24 through Thursday Jan. 30 selling stuffed kangaroo and koala valentines. The price is $5.00 for each and all orders must be placed by Friday February 7, 2020 so that the stuffed animals can be ordered in time for Valentine’s Day. Consider spending 5 dollars to save the Koala's!!
Addams Family Cast or Crew
Attention any Addams Family cast or crew (painting, building, sound, lights, business managers, costumes... etc.) who would like to place a clothing order...A second chance order will be placed on January 29th. Please use the original order form available in Google classroom. All forms MUST be returned by January 29th. Orders received after the 29th will not be filled.
PHILLY T- SHIRT
T-shirt order forms for the 8th grade trip to Philadelphia were distributed in 8th grade homerooms this morning. If you did not get one please see Ms Hehir in room B-112. These order forms along with the $10 are due to Ms Hehir or Mr. Grimaldi by Friday January 31, 2020. Any questions, please see Ms Hehir.
SOUPER BOWL CHALLENGE
Are you ready for the SOUPER Bowl? The SOUPER Bowl is East Northport and Northport Middle School’s annual food drive.The food pantry shelves get kind of empty this time of year… we can help fill them up again! We will be collecting donations of canned vegetables, soup, tomato sauce, water, baby food, pet food etc. There will be donation boxes in the main entrance where you can drop off your goods. All food donations will be provided to Manna Missions Food Pantry, which services Long Island families in need. ENMS & NPT Middle + your help= SOUPER Bowl of CARING
Thank you for your support! 🐯ENMS STUDENT COUNCIL
UPDATED STUDENT VOLUNTEERS
The Northport High School Wrestling team is looking for student volunteers to help work the concession stand at each of their home matches. Members of the honor society and anyone else who requires them will be credited community service hours. Dates for home matches are 1/29, & 1/31. *The sign up now includes all dates for the home matches so students can select which date works best for them*. Some of you have been requesting to sign up for your children. Here is the link for the Northport HS Wrestling Club. Please know that we are flexible with whatever hours your child can volunteer even though we had to create specific slots. Please just note their availability if it is different than the time slot. We could use as much help as possible specifically on Saturday, February 8th.If you have any questions please email us or text me at 631-786-1360. Thank you for your help. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Booster Club Board members at NHSwrestlingbooster@gmail.com or you can text/call Jessica Sasso 516-658-3983
Attention 6th Grade Math Olympiads here are the January Meeting Dates:
January 28th and 29th during 4th period lunch
Looking forward to seeing you:)
Tech Club will meet Monday in Tech I for all those members who have been coming. See you there.
Yoga will meet on the following dates:
Tuesday January 28 @ 3:15
Thursday February 6 @ 3:15 (making yoga stress craft)
Thursday February 13 @ 3:15(continue craft)
Thursday February 27 @ 3:15
Thursday March 5 @ 3:15 (LAST YOGA session)
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS
Tech Club… 3:12pm in Tech 1
Art Club... 3:15 to 5:00pm... Rm. 218. See you Tuesday, January 28th, from 3:15-5pm.
Environmental Action Team... 3:15 to 4:15pm... Rm.215
GSA….3:15pm to 4:10pm….Room 213. Everyone is welcome!
Yoga...3:15 to 4:15pm...auditorium or cafeteria.
Reader’s Cafe...3:15 to 4:10pm...Library
Gaming Club…3:15 to 4:15pm...Library
Knitty Gritty… 3:15 to 4:15pm...Rm. 217
Science Olympiads…3:15 to 4:15pm...Rm. 118
Scrabble (Game) Club...3:12 to 4:30pm in Chrome Depot. (pick up starts at 4:15pm) Dates: 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/26, 3/4
Science Research...3:15 to 4:15pm...Rm 112
Student Council…3:12 to 4:10pm...Rm. 211 .CANCELLED THIS WEEK 1/23/20
Writer’s Club…...3:12 …Rm. 108.
Computer Club...3:15 to 4:10pm...Rm. 210 (Chrome Depot)
• Students please bring your jackets and/or sweatshirts with you to lunch if you intend on going outside for recess. Students will not be allowed to go to their lockers after they have eaten.
• Students who enter the building in the morning with a beverage other than water, will be asked to go to the South Cafeteria. Water is the only beverage allowed in the hallways. Thank you.
EARLY MORNING DROP OFF / PARKING
• From 7:30 to 8:00 am ONLY, the bus lane in front of the school will be utilized. Enter through the east driveway, make a left turn into the bus lane and proceed as far west as you can. Drop off your child(ren) and have them enter the building through the main entrance doors. PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS and STOP at the crosswalk to yield to pedestrians and DO NOT pass another vehicle in the bus lane. From 8:00am to 4:15pm, vehicles other than school buses are prohibited from driving through this bus lane. Please do not enter the bus circle after 8:00 am. This area must be reserved for our many busses; please use the east parking lot or the north curbside of Fifth Avenue.
• When parking on 5th Avenue and surrounding streets, we’ve been advised by SCPD to not park too close to the entrance or exits of East Northport MS, or the corners of any residential street. You must be 30 feet from the crosswalks and 20 feet from the stop signs. Vehicles parked in these areas can block the view of other drivers causing an unsafe condition. In addition, you will be ticketed. Thank you for your understanding.
YDA/ HUNTINGTON YOUTH BUREAU
Please check out the ENMS Website under YDA/Huntington Youth Bureau to see more fun and exciting programs currently being offered.